Thursday, April 28, 2005

I've been told that there is an article in this month's Archaeology magazine about the Potters Field cemetery excavation in Secaucus, NJ. I've been trying to track down a copy of the magazine locally (thus far without any success). When I do, I'll scan in the article and post it here.

I participated in this project for 7 months back in 2003. I had taken part in another cemetery excavation in Delaware before the Potters Field project, so I had an idea of what to expect. Still, digging up corpses is a taboo in our society for a reason. In many ways, it was a tough project to be on. However, I'm glad I did it, as I met a number of good friends during that time.

If you'd like to read about it, my former employer has a series of web pages about the Potters Field project at the following site: http://www.culturalresourcegroup.com/projects/secaucus1.htm

No comments: