Friday, April 15, 2005

Are you kidding me? C'mon...


This morning I returned again to a geocache I had trouble finding yesterday. My GPS led me to a point in a nearby town that was next to an outdoor electrical box. There was a large breaker box on one side of a wooden support, and a smaller one on the ground on the other side. Upon closer inspection, the smaller electrical box did not appear to have a wire coming out of it. I tried to twist it to open, but it didn't budge. A screwdriver was necessary to open the box. I wasn't 100% sure that this electrical box was a geocache, and I wasn't going to try to open it up with a screwdriver in any case. I thought, nah, this can't be it, and gave up.

When I got home, I e-mailed the person who placed the cache and found out that lo and behold, that was the cache after all. Personally I don't think placing a geocache in a disguised electrical box is the best idea in the world, and if I find another of these I will have to log another "did not find". Sorry guys, prying into electrical boxes just isn't my thing. Yikes.

Guess I'm not savvy enough yet to find all of these geocaches. Here are more examples of camoflagued geocaching containers that I dug up on the geocaching.com website:

No comments: