Wednesday, May 04, 2005

We've had our 3rd consecutive day of snow. Can't remember the last time I've experienced that here in May!

I'm slowly getting back into the routine at work. Today was a bit strenuous for someone who has been a couch potato for the past several months, but at least I'm getting back in shape. We climbed up and down a mountainside and through several drainages documenting some historic sites including a lumber camp and railroad grades, one of which still possessed its narrow gauge rail. The highlight of my day was illustrating some rusty pieces of what looked like a late 19th century stove from a settlement. We also revisited an early oil mining site that still had pieces of the original derrick. Most people don't get excited about rusting heaps of junk out in the woods, but as my boss' boss says, "Archaeologists are unique and special people."

No comments: