Sunday, May 29, 2005


I've been lugging around Nalgene bottles for years in the field, and have finally gotten around to trying a hydration pack. This is working out nicely for both doing archaeology as well as my walking marathon training after work and on the weekends. I started out by buying a cheap $19.99 hydration pack at an unnamed big box outlet that blew out the first time I took it into the field. After that, I vowed to get a Camelbak, which are supposed to be the best (hydration packs are all the company makes). I ended up with the DayStar model, which holds 70 ounces (a little more than 2 Nalgene bottles), and is designed to better fit a woman's torso. 70 oz. isn't enough to keep me going all day, but it's about as much as I'd want to carry on my back while still being able to dig shovel tests! Thus far I've been very happy with the purchase, and am also planning to pick up a Camelbak for my husband as well. Posted by Hello

No comments: