Saturday, June 25, 2005

Recently I've run into several websites and blogs where folks have pledged to read "52 books or novels in 52 weeks". I've never given myself a specific goal, but lately I've been devouring books at a rate of probably 3-4 per week. Here are a few recent reads:
  • The Iron Industry in Pennsylvania by Gerald Eggert
  • Archeology in the Upper Delaware by W. Fred Kinsey
  • The Minisink: A Chronicle of One of America's First and Last Frontiers by Dennis Bertland
  • Pennsylvania's Rails to Trails by Thomas Sexton
  • Great Hikes in the Poconos by Boyd Newman
  • Roadside Geology of Pennsylvania by Bradford Van Diver
  • Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond
  • Between a Rock and a Hard Place by Aron Ralston
  • Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky
  • Oil Notes by Rick Bass
  • Pennsylvania Transportation History by William Shank
  • A Museum of Early American Tools by Eric Sloane
  • Vanderbilt's Folly: A History of the Pennsylvania Turnpike by William Shank

I generally lean toward titles in nonfiction and history. If you have any recommendations for a future read, post a comment here or send me an e-mail. Maybe I'll actually begin to track what I am reading in the '52 Books in 52 Weeks' tradition and post some short reviews as I go along...

No comments: